I have been reading about the Iranian election and am moved by the commitment to freedom that so many are exhibiting – at the cost to life, limb and property. It has also been fascinating to see Twitter used as a vehicle for social protest and rebellion against tyranny. The threads that are coming through are truly amazing. I do not claim in any way to understand the situation but I was moved by this article in the Wall Street Journal, Voices from Iran. These stories from the people at the frontlines are heart-wrenching. This one is tragic: To Tomorrow’s Children. And, of course, this entry is in green for a very good reason.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
John McWilliam on Fettes College Little thrills found… on Paris from Above – views… Springtime in Paris… on Cherry Blossoms in Paris
- RT @EUbirdie: #Scotland has changed its Facebook status from "married" to "it's complicated". #indyref http://t.co/kP9Gg0dtNO 2 days ago
- Twitter trend map on Scottish Referendum. Fascinating trendsmap.com/v2/Lf62/w 2 days ago
- RT @SeonagM: Love this sign outside an Edinburgh church doubling as a polling booth today. http://t.co/xoq2Y6XksX 2 days ago
- RT @LoveLifeLitGod: So much depends on understanding that "charity" means "love." And that faith and hope depend on it. 2 days ago
- Praying for Scotland this morning. 2 days ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and http://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.