I have been reading about the Iranian election and am moved by the commitment to freedom that so many are exhibiting – at the cost to life, limb and property. It has also been fascinating to see Twitter used as a vehicle for social protest and rebellion against tyranny. The threads that are coming through are truly amazing. I do not claim in any way to understand the situation but I was moved by this article in the Wall Street Journal, Voices from Iran. These stories from the people at the frontlines are heart-wrenching. This one is tragic: To Tomorrow’s Children. And, of course, this entry is in green for a very good reason.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
John McWilliam on Fettes College Little thrills found… on Paris from Above – views… Springtime in Paris… on Cherry Blossoms in Paris
- RT @conradhackett: Deaths from police shootings (latest available year) US 409 Germany 8 Britain 0 Japan 0 economist.com/news/united-st… http://t… 21 hours ago
- RT @JG_THE: Think £9k a year is a lot? Find out how much your university charges overseas and postgrad students - full data here: http://t.… 22 hours ago
- MercatorNet: Stretching the truth past the breaking point shar.es/1nk1b0 via @sharethis 4 days ago
- Sister Acts nyti.ms/1m5RWqc 5 days ago
- Florida does have spectacular sunsets. (at Home) [pic] — path.com/p/2pT1vd 5 days ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and http://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.