I have been reading about the Iranian election and am moved by the commitment to freedom that so many are exhibiting – at the cost to life, limb and property. It has also been fascinating to see Twitter used as a vehicle for social protest and rebellion against tyranny. The threads that are coming through are truly amazing. I do not claim in any way to understand the situation but I was moved by this article in the Wall Street Journal, Voices from Iran. These stories from the people at the frontlines are heart-wrenching. This one is tragic: To Tomorrow’s Children. And, of course, this entry is in green for a very good reason.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
John McWilliam on Fettes College Little thrills found… on Paris from Above – views… Springtime in Paris… on Cherry Blossoms in Paris
- Best sound in the world. (with Scotty and Cutest Baby In The City) [vid] — path.com/p/2CklJt 2 hours ago
- First In 'n Out!!! (with Jeff and Scotty at @innoutburger) [pic] — path.com/p/2sJEPL 1 day ago
- 11 months old today!!! [pic] — path.com/p/3msEFN 6 days ago
- @derekryanbrown we will be there! Edinburgh reunion! 6 days ago
- Rembrandt in the Depths by Andrew Butterfield nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/… via @nybooks 1 week ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and http://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.