Now I really don’t like the hopelessness of this statement. It kinda bugs me that in the midst of all this beauty there is a statement that is so stark and devoid of joy. I think that the very beauty of the setting the sign inhabits is miraculous – the new life sprouting forth each spring is miraculous, the clouds floating overhead – everything is a little miracle of beauty. Regardless, Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day. Warm, even hot, sunny, clear skies, perfect. So I spent several hours on the lawn at the Dean Gallery. After three hours I was sufficiently sunburned (!) to retreat inside but it was wonderful to read my book in the sun, feel sweat beading up at the base of my neck, and unclench all those muscles that have been braced against the cold for so long. To me that’s a little miracle and I’ll gladly take it. That evening we had an impromptu bbq with friends – you can see pictures on Amanda’s blog – and the weather was so perfect we all sat outside until 11:30 relishing the fact that the chill was gone, at least for that night, and enjoying the company of good friends and lively conversation.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
John McWilliam on Fettes College Little thrills found… on Paris from Above – views… Springtime in Paris… on Cherry Blossoms in Paris
- Best sound in the world. (with Scotty and Cutest Baby In The City) [vid] — path.com/p/2CklJt 16 hours ago
- First In 'n Out!!! (with Jeff and Scotty at @innoutburger) [pic] — path.com/p/2sJEPL 1 day ago
- 11 months old today!!! [pic] — path.com/p/3msEFN 6 days ago
- @derekryanbrown we will be there! Edinburgh reunion! 6 days ago
- Rembrandt in the Depths by Andrew Butterfield nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/… via @nybooks 2 weeks ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and http://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.