Now I really don’t like the hopelessness of this statement. It kinda bugs me that in the midst of all this beauty there is a statement that is so stark and devoid of joy. I think that the very beauty of the setting the sign inhabits is miraculous – the new life sprouting forth each spring is miraculous, the clouds floating overhead – everything is a little miracle of beauty. Regardless, Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day. Warm, even hot, sunny, clear skies, perfect. So I spent several hours on the lawn at the Dean Gallery. After three hours I was sufficiently sunburned (!) to retreat inside but it was wonderful to read my book in the sun, feel sweat beading up at the base of my neck, and unclench all those muscles that have been braced against the cold for so long. To me that’s a little miracle and I’ll gladly take it. That evening we had an impromptu bbq with friends – you can see pictures on Amanda’s blog – and the weather was so perfect we all sat outside until 11:30 relishing the fact that the chill was gone, at least for that night, and enjoying the company of good friends and lively conversation.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
John McWilliam on Fettes College Little thrills found… on Paris from Above – views… Springtime in Paris… on Cherry Blossoms in Paris
- Atlantic looking like a lake this morning. [pic] — path.com/p/4tA2rw 13 hours ago
- RT @ProfBlackistone: An un-hysterical report (i.e. mostly ignored) on #ebola "In Conspicuous Success, Senegal Is Declared Ebola-Free http:/… 3 days ago
- RT @140elect: Americans in past year killed by… #Ebola: 1. #ISIS: 2. Gun violence: 31,000. Flu/Pneumonia: 54,000. Cancer: 575,000. Heart di… 3 days ago
- RT @DrSethdb: #Ebola in #perspective goo.gl/t1nP75 http://t.co/fv17rS2BVN 3 days ago
- RT @TheEconomist: The world's three biggest economies over the past 2,000 years: this time GDP per person econ.st/1qBdb5o http://t.c… 5 days ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and http://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.