We had a bit of a slow week – so slow I almost blogged about our new garbage service (something we and our neighbors are inordinately excited about) but I’ll spare you the details except to say that we no longer have to store our trash for four days before taking it out and we now have a recycling service available! But on Saturday we were invited up to Fife by Ian and Anna Bartholomew who we were connected with via a very circuitous route involving Scotty’s family. The Bartholomews are a lovely couple who are heading up the Scottish branch of Precept Ministries and offered to show us around their neck of the woods. So on Saturday mornings we boarded a train and headed north. They picked us up at the railway station and following a warming cup of tea we drove into the Fife valley to take a walk up to an ancient castle that belonged to the notoriously treacherous Campbell clan. The Campbells are best remembered for slaughtering the MacDonalds at Glencoe in the midst of a peace treaty meetings. Campbell castle is ideally situated on a hill with gorgeous views of the Forth Valley. We enjoyed a lovely picnic lunch at the castle and had great conversation with Ian and Anna. The topics ranged from American politics to the UN to the decline of the British empire and much more. Although we arrived home chilled to the bone, we thoroughly enjoyed our day and it as good to get out of the city and enjoy the countryside.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 1 year ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 1 year ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 1 year ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 1 year ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 1 year ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.