So some friends of ours from St. Louis are setting out on an epic journey to find the perfect cup of coffee. Scotty and I met Chad and Alex when we lived in St. Louis and they ran Kaldi’s, our favorite neighborhood coffee shop. We have spent hundreds of hours at this place and consumed thousands of cups of coffee and it will always hold a special place in our heart. It was here that we both fell for Tanzanian peaberry and other delicious beans. It is also the place where we developed some of our closest friendships. Well, now Chad and Alex have put Kaldi’s behind them and are preparing for a 40 day 8000 mile motorcycle journey from St. Louis to Vancouver, BC down the west coast to San Francisco and San Diego and then looping back to St. Louis. Along the way they will be stopping at coffee shops, sampling coffees and roasts and testing their mettle on the road. Modeled after Alton Brown’s fantastic Feasting on Asphalt this will be an all out assault on America’s “cafe culture” and should be a blast to watch unfold. You can keep up with them at their website where they will be reporting from the road. Mark your calendars ’cause the journey begins July 17. All the best and bon voyage!
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 1 year ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 1 year ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 1 year ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 2 years ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 2 years ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.