October was unseasonably warm. It was actually a really pleasant month. We only turned the heat on a few times – mostly when we had guests staying because it’s just plain bad manners to let guests freeze. Now that November has arrived the mercury is dropping. Most of the colorful leaves have fallen and the remaining ones are dingy and look very weather-worn. As we had a visitor in October who doesn’t normally experience the change of seasons being a Floridian and all, we took a walk one day and spotted some beautiful colors. Since most of these are now gone, I want to post them as a reminder that this gorgeousness does exist…and remember that as we head in to the dark, cold days of an Edinburgh winter. You probably won’t believe this but right now at 4:18PM it is getting dark…so much so that cars have their headlights on because it’s pretty much dusk. So, here’s the gorgeous, bright, cheery color.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 1 year ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 1 year ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 1 year ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 2 years ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 2 years ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.