I usually don’t get political on my blog but I read an article that expressed many things I’ve been thinking about over the past year and I just can’t hold back any longer. I’ve always found it disgusting that our country is detaining suspected terrorists without trial for years at a time. It’s a practice diametrically opposed to the principles our nation was founded upon and is currently trying to establish in Iraq and Afghanistan. Scotty and I have had many long conversations on the topic and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and we have some pretty major disagreements – these are topics that get people riled up. The following link will take you to one of the best articles/editorials I’ve read on the subject. I would highly encourage you to read it – no matter where you stand on the issue. It’s informative and I think the author, Glenn Greenwald, makes some excellent points.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 1 year ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 1 year ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 1 year ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 2 years ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 2 years ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.