Maybe it was the fourth move in less than three years, the fact that my life’s possessions are spread across 10,000 miles, or just basic curiosity on my part but I have been photographing lost items. Those things you walk past on the street and not really give much thought to. Here in Edinburgh there seems to be an epidemic of people losing articles of clothing. I first noticed it about six months ago when I walked past a pair of men’s shoes. Yes, two matching shoes sitting side by side on the sidewalk. Next to a bottle of beer. I figured there was a story in that little scene and the following weeks took me past lots more curious little still-lifes like that one. So I started pulling out my camera and snapping a quick shot. Of course, once my camera was involved the really interesting lost items vanished and I was left with mittens and scarves. Not quite as interesting but still a fun little photographic collection.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 10 months ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 10 months ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 10 months ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 1 year ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 1 year ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.