Now I really don’t like the hopelessness of this statement. It kinda bugs me that in the midst of all this beauty there is a statement that is so stark and devoid of joy. I think that the very beauty of the setting the sign inhabits is miraculous – the new life sprouting forth each spring is miraculous, the clouds floating overhead – everything is a little miracle of beauty. Regardless, Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day. Warm, even hot, sunny, clear skies, perfect. So I spent several hours on the lawn at the Dean Gallery. After three hours I was sufficiently sunburned (!) to retreat inside but it was wonderful to read my book in the sun, feel sweat beading up at the base of my neck, and unclench all those muscles that have been braced against the cold for so long. To me that’s a little miracle and I’ll gladly take it. That evening we had an impromptu bbq with friends – you can see pictures on Amanda’s blog – and the weather was so perfect we all sat outside until 11:30 relishing the fact that the chill was gone, at least for that night, and enjoying the company of good friends and lively conversation.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Russ Berg on … Xandré Verkes on Merry Christmas from the … audrasena on Merry Christmas from the …
- RT @TheEconomist: Why are more American mothers dying in childbirth? The US defies a global trend econ.st/1CKSCPE http://t.co/an1AlM… 2 weeks ago
- @ericmetaxas The comments on this thread are so disheartening, especially for followers of a thinker who claims Jesus. Where is the grace? 2 weeks ago
- Last Chautauqua boat ride of the summer. #overtoosoon (with Scotty at @chq) [pic] — path.com/p/3ycDFc 3 weeks ago
- Jimmy Carter, His Legacy and a Rabbit nyti.ms/1ILgYcY 3 weeks ago
- RT @sallylloydjones: We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. - Stacia Tauscher 3 weeks ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.