Now I really don’t like the hopelessness of this statement. It kinda bugs me that in the midst of all this beauty there is a statement that is so stark and devoid of joy. I think that the very beauty of the setting the sign inhabits is miraculous – the new life sprouting forth each spring is miraculous, the clouds floating overhead – everything is a little miracle of beauty. Regardless, Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day. Warm, even hot, sunny, clear skies, perfect. So I spent several hours on the lawn at the Dean Gallery. After three hours I was sufficiently sunburned (!) to retreat inside but it was wonderful to read my book in the sun, feel sweat beading up at the base of my neck, and unclench all those muscles that have been braced against the cold for so long. To me that’s a little miracle and I’ll gladly take it. That evening we had an impromptu bbq with friends – you can see pictures on Amanda’s blog – and the weather was so perfect we all sat outside until 11:30 relishing the fact that the chill was gone, at least for that night, and enjoying the company of good friends and lively conversation.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Russ Berg on … Xandré Verkes on Merry Christmas from the … audrasena on Merry Christmas from the …
- RT @SmithsonianMag: An Art Dealer Just Found a Forgotten Monet Pastel Hidden Behind Another Drawing ow.ly/OWLbw http://t.co/oWdT… 4 days ago
- RT @LoveLifeLitGod: This is beautiful: BBC News - Obama leads singing of Amazing Grace at Charleston funeral bbc.com/news/world-us-… 1 week ago
- "And fear should not be a controlling element in the life of a Christian." sojo.net/articles/how-o… via @sojourners 1 week ago
- Anniversary breakfast with my love. Can't believe… (w/ Scotty at The Pelican Grand Beach Resort & Spa) [pic] — path.com/p/3ptKAJ 1 week ago
- RT @Arendt_Center: Have we as a society forsaken poor Americans' right to the blessing of good education? ow.ly/OAwsG via @nyboo… 1 week ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.