We’re in Estonia – after yesterday’s long travels (we started at 2AM), we made it here and are very excited to start exploring. Yesterday we spent a couple hours on a bus driving through Latvia and I have to tell you, it was gorgeous! Clean, pastoral, quaint, charming. I could see renting a car in Riga and driving around for a week or two, staying at the little chalets and guesthouses in the middle of farms. There are amazing redwood and birch forests bordering golden wheat fields and bright blue streams. The farmhouses were all gorgeous – brightly colored tin roofs, interesting woodwork. Every house we passed, even in the cities, had a flower and vegetable garden. Michael Pollan would freak out! No depressing monoculture here! And it was immaculate. Everything has a “just swept” feeling – no litter anywhere. Coming from Edinburgh I have to say it was so refreshing. Riga looked so interesting but we didn’t have much time between our flight landing and our bus departing so we enjoyed views of the city skyline from our ride. It looks like there is a lot of new investment in Latvia – shining glass and steel buildings standing next to old wooden Baltic structures. It’s hot here so every time we crossed a river the banks were full of people tanning, swimming, and trying to get some relief from this unusual heatwave. My thoughts are pretty scattered this morning but I will be updating with pictures soon and, hopefully but that time I will have conquered my sleep-deprived haze with some caffeine.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 8 months ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 9 months ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 9 months ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 1 year ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 1 year ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.