It really hasn’t been all that long since we boarded that 3:14AM bus to leave on our adventure, but we’re ready to be home. And I think that a perfectly planned trip always ends that way – you should be gone long enough to be happy to go home but not so long that you begin hating the place you’re visiting. We’ve had a wonderful adventure, which is finishing up today in Helsinki. A beautiful, relaxed, international city, Helsinki was the perfect place for us to spend a couple of days before going home. We have enjoyed our time here – there’s lots of cafés, a huge and world-famous book store, ferry boats, broad tree-lined streets and prices that will make you cringe. So while we won’t be buying souvenirs here, it is a good place to meander along, order an espresso and secure a place on the Eteläesplanad and people watch. Or you can catch a boat to one of the dozens of nearby islands, and enjoy a spectacular sunset over the ocean. The open-air markets are gorgeous and even the new streets are cobbled. It’s a pretty special city and we have had our energy stores refilled here. We return to Edinburgh in the midst of Festival season with lots of work facing the two of us – but we’re ready to be home and sleep in our own bed and get caught up with friends. It’s always a good feeling to be happy to be returning home!
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 1 year ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 1 year ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 1 year ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 1 year ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 1 year ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.