Checking in? Versailles, as of 2012, will be opening to overnight guests! Yes, the legendary and fabled palace of French monarchs will be renting out rooms! Due to cuts in government funding, the historic landmark is getting into the hotel business! Hotel l’Orangerie will be housed in the Hotel du Grand Controle, a building that is part of the sprawling complex and enjoys views of the Orangerie and Palace. So while, you cannot book a room in the palace proper, this will probably be the closest one can get to living the life of a French royal. Restoration of the Hotel du Grand Controle begins this year and the hotel should open in 2012! Read more here.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 1 year ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 1 year ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 1 year ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 1 year ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 1 year ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.