I have had so much fun reading this book! Thanks to my friend Audrey for making the suggestion, I was sucked into the world of New York Times restaurant critic and former editor-in-chief of Gourmet Ruth Reichl’s entertaining and slightly subversive world. I could not get enough of this book – it kept me up until the wee hours of the morning on several occasions! Pairing mouth-watering descriptions of magnificent meals with wry observations on human nature, this book tackles the New York food scene with enthusiasm, sarcasm, wit, and grace. Reichl’s prominent position forces her to work under cover, donning elaborate costumes complete with new personalities. Her musings on the effect these alternative personas have on her are very intriguing. As she states, “I love the theatre of restaurants. Restaurants are magical places; for a few hours you can be anyone you want to be.” This is a great read for long cold winter evenings desperately in need of brightening. And it will inspire you to pull out that cookbook, or even try some of the recipes Reichl includes in the book. Bon appetite!
Join 733 other followers
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
realoves on Autumnal Cooking Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on …
- RT @DavidAFrench: This is a typical day on Facebook and a reminder that tales of "Big Tech tyranny" are constantly overhyped. Yep, there ar… 1 year ago
- RT @mark_popovitch: True and proper worship promotes unity among God’s people, for it will not despise another for whom Christ died. True… 1 year ago
- @DeanTrantalis @PortEverglades To everyone wondering about the details of the protocols, this article is very helpf… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- @mayorgalu @DeanTrantalis @PortEverglades There is a protocol in place. It's detailed in the press brief. 2 years ago
- @DeanTrantalis @PortEverglades This is the right decision and all the protocols are perfect. I'm so happy these peo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.