I am back in Edinburgh sitting at one of my favorite cafés enjoying a delicious coffee! Yay! And a cappuccino here costs £2.20, instead of €5.00. It’s been so good to be back, see friends, meet new babies, walk familiar streets, hear English, exhale. I am loving being back. It’s strange to have two countries to return “home” to. It feels really weird. But also good. And a bit unsettling. I can’t help but think about what that means for my ability to really feel fully settled somewhere. Will the US ever feel completely like “home” again? Or will a part of me always remain in Scotland…and maybe even in France? But those are questions I don’t have to answer now, so I’m going to sit back, sip my cappuccino, enjoy my time with friends, and try to get some work done.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 1 year ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 1 year ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 1 year ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 2 years ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 2 years ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.