So I was having a hard time thinking of a photo for the theme this week. I mean “Ready” – really? It could mean anything. I had lots of boring ideas and the above photo is actually pretty lame. But I’ve committed to this weekly photo challenge, so here it goes. Since our arrival in Paris I have had a hard time finding a place to work and have been opting for just staying home. Well, living and working in 200 square feet is a recipe for insanity. I needed a change – not only for my mental health but for the health of my back. Constantly stooping and sitting in our one uncomfortable chair has taken its toll. But Paris is a challenging place to work – those little round café tables are picturesque but not comfortable and balancing a laptop and books and coffee is a precarious proposition. Other coffee shops are too busy and their wifi is iffy at best. Add to that the French obsession pairing low tables and couches and I had basically given up on ever having a comfortable place to work. But then I went to Edinburgh and remembered how much I like getting out of the flat and finding a place to work and I knew I needed to do that when I got back to Paris. And then I remembered a little spot my mom and I had visited in the fall. It’s run by Americans…and that’s basically all that needs to be said because Americans know how to create coffee shops that are conducive to productivity! So the above photo is of my new workstation and I am ready. Ready to get to work.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 10 months ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 10 months ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 10 months ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 1 year ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 1 year ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.