Some of you may have noticed that I have changed the name of the blog. With Paris long behind me and knowing I needed to move forward, I decided that yesterday was the day to do it. I’m not a huge fan of the new name but it will work for now. I do feel like I need to come up with a name that isn’t tied to a specific place. Scotty and I seem to have chosen a life that requires regular upheaval so the idea of home is one that is fascinating to me. Ultimately we believe that the earth (at least in its current state) is not our home and everyone is imbued with a longing for that more glorious home that is to come. And yet, in all the moves and transitions I’ve come to value the idea that home is a state of being…one that you can take with you and nurture no matter where you are. While my current address does not feel like it’s where I am most comfortable, I still have a sense of home. Despite the fact that we’ve only hung three pictures on our barren walls and we could use some more furniture (chairs stripped to the studs do not make for an inviting place to sit), there is a contentment in being where we know we’re supposed to be. Sure, this new place is lacking in a lot of the things I think make life beautiful and inspiring, but I am finding things to value. There are opportunities here for both of us that we didn’t have in our other homes and we’re starting to find our footing. So here’s to finding a sense of home no matter where life takes you.
Sponsor a Child
Follow me on Pinterest
Melissa Carr on … Xandré Verkes on … realoves on …
- My happy place in STL. (with Scotty, AUDREY, and Glen at @mobotgarden) [pic] — path.com/p/xCwj8 1 year ago
- RT @derekryanbrown: 4,500? Good lord! No complaints about my life today. twitter.com/AFP/status/746… 1 year ago
- British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 1 year ago
- Epiphanius’ <i>Alogi</i> and the Johannine Controversy - Brill brill.com/products/book/… via @AddThis 2 years ago
- When Target stocks kid fedoras and your two-year-old loves hats. #ridiculous #wouldyousayno [pic] — path.com/p/Z88Bb 2 years ago
Notice of Copyright© Rebecca Manor and ScottyBecca, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rebecca Manor and https://scottybecca.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.